from Mark to Marcos

from Mark to Marcos

Friday, May 18, 2012

Hearts Will Be Changed

Guatemala:
70 percent of the entire population live below the poverty level.
There are an estimated 370,000 orphans.
5,000 children in Guatemala City alone are living on the streets.
Close to 3,000 people call the city dump "home."
Over 70,000 live in the "ghetto" where education and jobs are scarce, however crime is very prevalent.

These are some of the numbers. Some numbers that are hard to hear and even hard to believe.

As I prepare to travel back to Guatemala, I look at these numbers and wonder, "what can I do?" The answer, "not much." I cannot do much of anything, especially to change these statistics.

But, what can I really do?
I can wake up everyday and ask God, "What do you have for me today?" When He responds, all I have to do is say "yes," and He will take care of the rest.
I can allow Jesus Christ to work through me. Without him, lets face it, I will fail.
I can love. Hopefully, through loving, people can see and learn the love of their savior, Jesus Christ.

& Fortunately, for me, the statistics don't define Guatemala.

Guatemala:
A beautiful country with so much need.
The place that makes my heart thrive.
The country in which I long to serve Jesus.
My home.

In 1 week, I will be back in the beautiful country of Guatemala. My heart will be thriving and I will be serving Jesus in the place that I consider home.

My prayer is that I allow Jesus to work through me, every single hour of every single day.
My prayer is that I grow closer to Him, that I stay faithful to Him and that He continues to guide my life.

Guatemala: 
For now, the statistics will remain the same, but, hearts will be changed. Mine included.

No comments:

Post a Comment