from Mark to Marcos

from Mark to Marcos

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All I Can Do Is Pray.

We drove away and I waved goodbye. However, I had no idea that I might be saying goodbye forever.
When we retuned from the park, she had already left.

In the hours following that moment I couldn't help but wish that I had said something more, that I had given her a goodbye hug or told her "I love you." I love her just like any of my siblings here and I don't know when I will see her again. Now, all I can do is pray.

In three weeks from now, two other kids have a meeting to choose whether they want to live with their step-mom or whether they want to continue living with this family, the family they have had for 10 years. Right now, more than anything, I hope that they choose to stay here. The reality is, this is the only family that they have had for most of their lives. Today, I am blessed to be part of this family, these two kids are my siblings and I love them.

During these next three weeks I will make sure that I say something more, that I hug them and tell them "I love you." The rest is up to them and up to God. I will continue to love them and to pray for them for the rest of my life, even if they aren't here.


1 comment:

  1. That's the best thing you can do for them Mark. Love them when they're with you and pray for them when you're not. Loving you from Rochester and look forward to loving you in person this fall!

    ReplyDelete